It’s that time of year again for our annual Liberation Picnic – join us as we celebrate the 71st Anniversary of the Liberation of Guam. This year’s Liberation theme is “The Spirit of Hope, the Colors of Freedom – Espiriton Diniseha, Meskla Na Kulot Libettat! – 1944-2015″
This year’s Guam Society Liberation picnic will be held at Fort Meade, Maryland. Details about the event are provided below and on the attached flyer (click here for the flyer: 2015GSALiberationPicnic). We are looking forward to a fantastic picnic and to catching up with all of our members, family and friends.
This year’s co-chairperson, Benny Taitague and Gerald Corpuz, along with the Liberation Picnic Committee have a great day planned for all to enjoy.
When: Saturday, July 11th, 2015, 12pm-7pm
Where: Burba Lake Cottage & Pavilion #5, Fort Meade, MD
What: Pot Luck Event – we ask that you bring a dish to share and two 2-liter bottles of soda or water/BYOB – no glass bottles, please. (NOTE: If you wish to bring meats to BBQ, please arrive no later than 10 am).
*Bring your Party Gear! (tents, canopies, chairs, etc).
- Meet the 2015 Guam Society Cherry Blossom Princess and Junior Princess
- Kutturan Chamoru Foundation Performances & other dance groups
- Music Entertainment and Dancing
- Contests, Raffles, Vendors
- 2015 Guam Society Scholarship Presentation
- Visit with the Honorable Madeleine Z. Bordallo, Guam’s Congresswoman & Guam VIPs;
- Meet the 2014 Guam Liberation Queen
- Anything BBQ Contest – Prizes for top three finishers
- Corn Hole (Modern ‘Batu’) Competition – prize for 1st & 2nd Place Teams
- 2nd Annual Liberation Theme Village Tent contest for village tents representing villages from the Northern, Central and Southern parts of Guam – cash prizes for the top 3 tents.
POINTS OF CONTACT:
Gerald Corpuz and Pete Camit (Maryland): Gerald – 443.306.6337 / Pete – 478.284.6996
Ray Duenas (Virginia): Ray – 703.441.0327
Vendors: Lou Barrett – 240.412.4238 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Village Tent Contest: Ana Camit – 478.335.8333 or email@example.com. Please RSVP by Wednesday, July 8, 2015 to be a participant in the contest.
Access to the base is easy, but please do RSVP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wed, July 8, 2015, so we can make sure that there is enough food prepared. Look for signs for the parking areas & come early to set up.
Events like this are only possible with the support and dedication of members of the Guam Society of America. If you are not a member of the Guam Society, please consider joining the organization as a member while you’re at the picnic.
*Directions to Burba Lake, Ft Meade:
From 295 BW Parkway, exit 175 Annapolis Road towards Ft Meade. Turn right at Reece Road to Security and show Military ID or Federal Government CAT Card or proceed to visitor inspection point. After Security take the 1st left Ernie Pyle St. Turn right at Llewellyn Ave then turn left on McKay St. Parking lot is directly in front of cottage and pavilion.
If you have a Military ID or a Federal Government CAT Card you can enter this way; From Route 32, exit Mapes Rd towards Ft Meade, go through Security then turn right on English Ave. Turn left on Llewellyn Ave and right on Mckay St. Parking lot is directly in front of cottage and pavilion.