UPDATED: The annual Guam Society of America Liberation Picnic will be on Saturday, July 16, 2011.
Location: TISCOM (Telecommunications and Information Systems Command), Coast Guard Base, 7325 Telegraph Road, Stop 7340 in Alexandria, VA. 20598
Time: 12pm – 7pm (if you are bringing meats for BBQ, please have it to the park by 10:00AM.
This is a potluck event – please bring a dish and 2 two-litre bottles of soda. If you’re bringing a large group, we ask that you bring enough servings for the group.
Activities: Performance by the Kutturan Chamorro Dancers, Music by Tropic Sounds Chamorro Band, Coconut Grating Contest, GSA Members Cha Cha Contest (with cash prizes for the top three finishers), the Annual GSA Scholarship Awards Presentation. Volleyball/Softball, Various Raffles, Kids Activities, Vendors and much more!
Bring your canopies and folding chairs for a fun-filled day with great food, great music, great entertainment and great company. Celebrate with the biggest picnic of the year with the Guam Society of America. Reconnect with family and friends and meet visitors from Guam who have come out for the Liberation activities during the week.
If you have any questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can email the Picnic Chairperson, Juan Salas at email@example.com (Phone: 571.238.3020); Lou Barrett (Phone: 240.412.4238); Terri Guevara Smith (Phone: 301.675.8518).
Additional details on the flyer provided on the link below:
Details about the Cha Cha contest (also see link for flyer):
- Limited to six (6) contestants) – couples only.
- Contestants must be GSA members – sign up for membership online here on the GSA Website or join in person at the picnic.
- Three judges will score contestants on technique, presence, and musicality
- Contestants have 3 minutes to show their stuff – music will be provided or bring your own.
- Prizes* for top three (3) contestants: 1st place – $100 2nd place – $50 3rd place – $20
*Prizes will be split between the contestants.
If you plan to participate, email GSA Treasurer, Maria Pangelinan at firstname.lastname@example.org by Jul 13th.